Yahyaoğlu Mehmed Çelebi Masjid and School

Located in Yolageldi Neighborhood. On 13 Ca, 1177 (November 19, 1763); a leader of prayers was assigned to the Masjid and a teacher was assigned to the school (BOA, C.MF, 178/8885). The charitable foundation of rent moneys from the holdings (income maintained from the buildings and lands) of the masjid, VGMA, is registered in the Atik Defter Nr: 725, p. 278, on 4 Z, 1191 (January 3, 1778). The charitable foundation of Yahya’s son Mehmed Çelebi Masjid, VGMA, is registered in the Atik Defter Nr: 725, pp. 277-278 on 1 M, 1224 (February 16, 1809). There is charitable foundation for the area residents from the Mehmed Çelebi bin Yahya Mosque in the Yolageldi Neighborhood. The charitable foundation, VGMA, is registered in the Atik Defter Nr: 405, p. 348 on 25 Z, 1281 (May 21, 1865). It is understood from this charitable foundation registration that the Masjid was later turned in to a mosque. It is thought that this mosque is the one which is given as Sufi Mehmed Çelebi in Ekrem Hakkı Ayverdi (IV, 1981, p.250).
Previous Page
Next Page
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Karaferye
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Agustos