Junior High School

On 12 L, 1290 (December 3; 1873) one room was added to the school by Abdüllatif Efendi who was a member of Assembly Government of Trikala and the building was turned into a Junior High School (BOA, MF.MKT, 15/10). Records show that: a salary would be allocated for Hüseyin Effendi, from Ioannina, who was appointed as a teacher, the expenses for the hired caretaker and the schools’ miscellaneous expenses would be covered (BOA, MF.MKT, 15/14). On 21 S, 1291 (April 9, 1874) Hüseyin Effendi was appointed to the Trikala Junior High School as teacher and Sezai Effendi was returned to his previous place (BOA, MF.MKT, 18/21).
 
On 14 S, 1292 (March 22, 1875) records show that the postal expenses for the books sent to the Provinces were increased which explains why the expenses for those sent to the Trikala School also increased (BOA, MF.MKT, 26/98). A request dated 2 C, 1292 (July 6, 1875) for a map of Europe was sent (BOA, MF.MKT, 29/167). On 6 Ra, 1292 (April 12, 1875) Ali Effendi was was selected to replace Hüseyin Effendi, who was sent to the Junior High School (BOA, MF.MKT, 27/31). On 15 Ra, 1293 (April 10, 1876), it was recorded that the teacher of Rica would continue to be the first teacher and, if his writing was found to be appropriate; he could teach the third class writing (BOA, MF.MKT, 34/179). On 22 Ra, 1293 (April 17, 1876) parents were to be informed concerning the absences of the students in order to maket them attend school more frequently (BOA, MF.MKT, 35/39). On 25 Ra, 1293 (April 20, 1876) the Trikala Commercial Court chairman’s suggestion to teach French at the Junior High school was noted (BOA, MF.MKT, 35/78).

Previous Page
Next Page
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Trikala
  • The Artifacts In The Small Town And Villages