Government Office

The Government Office, located on Ipioru Street today, was built by the architect Gorgi Effendi for a price of 260,000 piasters in 1322 (1906-1907). It was highly decorated. The District governor’s room is incomparable with the title of Proconsul Hıfzı Pasha (Uzer, 1999, p.210). It has been used as the Florina Court since 1924.

It is a two story building measuring 24.15 mt. x 20.30 mt. During restorations the staircase was widened allowing for more

sunlight to brighten the wooden stairs and the restored rooms (Tsolakis, 2008, p.165-167).

Previous Page
Next Page