The Military Hospital

Records exist that show that Iskender Bey, of the Berat Dynasty, was recognized for his efforts concerning the founding of the Alasonya Military Barracks and Hospital 9 R, 1311 (October 20, 1893), (BOA, DH.MKT, 154/22).

The hospital was established during the reign of Sultan Abdülhamid II, ans saw great service during the Teselya War in 1897. During the Turkish – Greek War of 1897, although the hospital was consolidated with three physicians, two pharmacists and three surgeons, the climate was so bad and the risk of malria so high that the hospital was transferred to Larissa (Özbay III/1, 1981, pp. 64- 65). Some of the wounded that had been treated in the hospital were sent to Larissa in order to be transferred to Golos on 15 M, 1315 (February 28, 1907), (BOA, Y.PRK.KOM, 9/35).

There is a photograph in the University of Istanbul’s Yıldız Albums that shows the commander and the medical personnel in the courtyard of the hospital. However, there are no explanations concerning the employees.

Previous Page
Next Page
  • The Artifacts In The Villages
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Tirnovi
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Çatalca
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Alasonya
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Baba
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Yenisehir: