Ghazi Hasan Bey Mosque

Located close to the Kösdem(Pinios) River on high ground. Ghazi Hasan Bey was the governor of Anatolia and Rumelia from 909-911 (1503-1504/ 1505-1506), he was martyred in the Çaldıran War in 920 (1514). The mosque must have been built before this date.

"The most sumptuous one of them is the Hasan Bey Mosque which has a lead dome and is located at the head of the bridge. The structure is known for its beautiful artwork of the old style" (Evliya Çelebi, VIII, 1966, p.41). The charitable foundation of the mosque, VGMA, is registered in the Atik Defter Nr: 725, p.177 on 28 Ş, 1123 (October 11, 1711). The mosque appeard on the map of 9 Ş, 124 (February 25, 1828), (Halaçoğlu, 1974, p.93).

The square plan mosque was covered with a dome and the minaret had a single balcony. It had a portico in three sections all covered with domes. It is thought that it collapsed in the earthquake of 1941 or was destroyed during World War Second.

 

Previous Page
Next Page
  • The Artifacts In The Villages
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Tirnovi
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Çatalca
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Alasonya
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Baba
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Yenisehir: