Ratip Ahmed Pasha Bridge

 The bridge located at the entrance of Çatalca crooses the Alpheios River. It was built shortly before 1751 by Ratip Ahmed Pasha (Kiel, 2009, p.53). It was ascertained during our visit that there are no inscriptions. The bridge was made of cut stone and had six arches. There are drainage arches and fender piles on its jambs which are ornamented with shapes like badges. The balustrades are new. It was opened to motor vehicles after being paved with asphalt.
Previous Page
Next Page
  • The Artifacts In The Villages
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Tirnovi
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Çatalca
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Alasonya
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Baba
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Yenisehir: