Pilmar Fountain

The fountain is near a great plane tree in the center of Plomari, located in the south of the island. Plomari is the birth place of Barbaros Hayreddin Pasha. Pilmar, was a subdivision of Midilli Sanjak in the Ottoman Period. Small boats were made in its shipyard. The fountain is renewed today, but its inscription was protected. From its marble inscription it's understood that it was built by late Ebubekir Agha who is from Hadji Bekir Aghazade's wife in 1817-1818.

Previous Page
Next Page