Surpovo (Sulpovo) Village Mosque

Surpovo (Sulpovo) is known today as Ardaşa. It is understood from a document dated 5 September 1959, written by village Board of Trustees of the church that Greeks from Turkey worshipped in a barn which they turned into a church as the village was populated by the Turks. After the population exchange, they transformed the derelict mosque into a church and renamed it ‘Metamorfoseos Sotiros’ (Valsamidis, 2003, p.262).

Previous Page
Next Page