Valide Mosque

It is located on Kornarou Street. It is registered by the Greek Ministry of Culture on 15 July 1983. It was constructed before 1791. The inscription which was placed on the gate later, dates Hegira-1030 (1621 A.D) and declares that it belongs to the Balizade Hasan Bey Mosque. The square floor plan mosque is covered with a roof. From the inside it has got a straight roof. It has got a mahfil for prayer hall on four wooden columns. The upper part of the minaret in the northwest is destroyed. By the difference of surface stones, it can be easily understood that it underwent many renovations in the past.

Previous Page
Next Page