Hasan Reis Mosque

It is located in centre of Scalahori village. It was registered by the Greek Ministry of Culture on 6 September 2001. It was constructed in the third quarter of the 18th century. Hasan Reis who constructed the mosque, is probably Gazi Hasan Pasha of Algeria. The mosque looks towards the trading post similar to the Mosque of Hasan Pasha of Algeria. There is also a cafe named after this mosque. As we learned from the village elders, the mosque and the bath next to it was destroyed during the 6/7 September 1955 attacks. Before these incidents the windows were supposed to have had stained glass. Some of the frames of the windows were used for the construction of houses. The inscription of the minaret, which was built separately, is empty. There currently is a chapel in the courtyard.

Previous Page
Next Page