Tuzcu Sinan Bey (Tuz Pazarı (Salt Market)) Bath

Located on the corner of Loutrou and Eleftherias Streets. It is registered under the bylaw of Ministry, on August 22, 1963, Number: 931 and the bylaw of the Official Gazette, on August 29, 1963, Number: 382/B. It was registered for the second time; with the bylaw of Ministry, on December 10, 1964, Number: 16385 and the bylaw of the Official Gazette, on January 16, 1965, Number: 30/B. It is a double bath type. Evliya Çelebi gives the following information (VIII, 1966, p.33). The structure has is formed of small private rooms around a square room. It was made of stone and bricks. There is an archive document of the structure regarding the repairs it underwent in the Ottoman period. It was repaired with the phrase that “Double bath from the properties of Tuzcu Sinan Bey”, on 5 S, 1305 (October 23, 1887). More recently, it was restored in the 1970s. After the restoration, the original flooring, the plumbing fixtures and handcarved floral decorations were uncovered. During our examination we found that the building in which the artifacts that were discovered in the excavation was well restored and protected. There are numerous digging tools and various artifacts that belong to different periods. In its courtyard 22 marble gravestones and fragments belonging to the Ottoman Period were found.
Previous Page
Next Page
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Karaferye
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Agustos