Sakız Rüştiyesi

It's located inside the castle, in the courtyard of Saint Georgios Church. The church is Piyale Pasha Mosque named as Eski Mosque during the Ottoman period. The mosque, which shares the courtyard of the High School, still has the fountain for ritual ablutions belonging Ottoman Period. From the inscription located on the two floored High School's door, it's understood that it was repaired by Feyzi Pasha in 1865. Above the entrance that has porches and columns, stairs are located. On the courtyard partially damaged rooms of Madrasah are placed.

Previous Page
Next Page