Fethi Pasha High School

It is located inside the Castle, on the Panetiu Street. From its inscription, it's understood that it was built by the son of Rhodesian Ahmed Agha, Marshall of Tophane, Fethi Pasha, in 1852. It was built in memory of Sultan Abdülmecid's visit to the island in 1850. Fethi Pasha, who was married with the sister of Abdülmecid Atiye Sultan, had a high school and it was damaged severely because of the explosion in 1856.

 The High School was damaged partially during Second World War. The building remained damaged until 1990's, but it was repaired and reached its present appearance. The Fethi Pasha High School with the area that the clock tower is located, is used as cafe.

157

Previous Page
Next Page