Gazi Hasan Pasha Of Algeria Mosque

The Mosque is located in the village of Germe (Platani). It was first registered by the Greek Ministry of Culture on 15 September 1948, and later on 5 October 2001. According to the inscription above the gate, it was constructed by Gazi Hasan Pasha in 1784-85. The Mosque was damaged severely by the earthquake of 1933. The mosque is covered with a flat roof in a rectangular floor plan. The minaret is cylindrical and is placed at the northeastern corner. On the panels which are on the mihrab and minbar stands the date of 1911. There are lots of examples of calligraphy inside the mosque. It is the second mosque open for services in Kos.

Previous Page
Next Page