The Barracks

The date of foundation could not be ascertained. Records indicate that the battalions connected to the Cedid regular army’s 93rd Regiment were dipatched to the Demirhisar Barracks and a celebration took place on 11 S, 1325 (March 26, 1907), (BOA, Y.PRK.ASK, 244/67). Two photographs in the University of İstanbul Archives show the Barracks located on a slope. It is no longer extant.
Previous Page
Next Page