Government Office

Located on the northwestern side of today’s main square. In the Ottoman period it was known as the Palace Square andit had a courtyard surrounded by iron bars. The two story building was built in 1876 by Roka Vitali. There were 17 rooms on its ground floor, and a large reception room on the second floor that measured 20 m

2. Before leaving the town, the Turks destroyed parts of the palace (Palyoungas II, 2007, pp.522-523). It was used as an "Infantry Barracks" in 1881 when it was taken by Greeks. It was completely destroyed by fire on 14 January, 1905.

 

Previous Page
Next Page
  • The Artifacts In The Villages
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Tirnovi
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Çatalca
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Alasonya
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Baba
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Yenisehir: