Fountain of Mansion House

It is located inside the castle, on Ippoton Street. Because the fountain was inside the mansion house's court which was organized as Ethnography Museum in Italian period, it is named as Konak Fountain. From the inscription above, it's understood that it was built in 1756. From the content of the inscription, it's understood that when someone prayed for the owner of the mansion, he/she would be able to pray for the person who built the fountain. However, there isn't any information on the inscription about the person who had built the fountain. The fountain has a lengthwise rectangular shape, has a trough. On the front, there is a thin knitted arch placed on two columns. Inside the arch, fruits and flowers were described inside a bowl. The front of the fountain and the trough is fully decorated. Today the fountain still works.

Previous Page
Next Page