Fethi Pasha Clock Tower

It is near Süleymaniye Mosque, on a hill that looks over the port inside the Castle. The Clock Tower has been constructedby the orders of the Armsplace Chief Ahmed Fethi Pasha in 1852, during the reign of Sultan Abdülmecid.

The building has been planned accordingly to Greek and Toscana styles, probably by local masters.

The mechanism of the clock is today exhibited in the garden of a cafe in the Tower's courtyard.

Today it is used as a touristicwatchtower.

Previous Page
Next Page