Osmaniye Mosque

It is located within the boundaries of the fortress in the Frenk district (Frankomohalla). It was registered by the Greek Ministry of Culture on 21 January 1983. It was constructed together with Hamidiye Mosque on Chios Island. It has similarities with the Hamidiye Mosque. According to the inscription above the gate by Feyzi, the mosque was constructed by Sultan Abdülhamid II in 1891. The mosque has got a rectangular floor plan with a roof. It has got an octagonal minaret on the north-western corner. There is another building connected to that corner.

Previous Page
Next Page