Graveyard

The Muslim Cemetery in the city of Larissa was located near the Ghazi Hasan Bey Mosque. It was ascertained during our visit that this Cemetery has been totally annihilated. There are only five gravestones from the Ottoman Period that are still extant today (Palyoungas II, 2007, s.574, 577-579, 616). There are no names or dates on four of them. These gravestones belong to Halet Effendi (1058-1648/1649), the noble Sheikh Hadji Ahmed Tahmisbih-zâde (1167-1753/1754), Hadice Molla (1266- 1849/1850), Bazirganbaşı (The person who is responsible for providing and protecting items such as broadcloth, cloth, cheesecloth etc. used by the Sultan himself) Osman Effendi (1248-1832/1833). The earliest gravestone is dated 1058 (1648-1649).

 

The transcriptions of the gravestones are:

Previous Page
Next Page
  • The Artifacts In The Villages
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Tirnovi
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Çatalca
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Alasonya
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Baba
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Yenisehir: