Haci Osman Çeşmesi

It is in the entrance, on the right side of the road of the Skalochori village; which means staired village in Greek. It is the second fountain that has an inscription written in Ottoman language. It is understood from the inscription that the fountain was built by Hadji Osman son of Mohammad in 1743-44.The fountain has a rectangle plan and measured 1.86m x. 2.14 m. It has an arched niche in the middle. The niche of the fountain has an inscription inside, one tapped panel stone and a soap dish. It still works today.

Previous Page
Next Page