Sultan Mustafa Mosque

It is located within the boundaries of the fortress on the Arion Square. The Sultan Mustafa Mosque and fountain were registered by the Greek Ministry of Culture on 25 August 1948 under 23084/737. The mosque was constructed by Sultan Mustafa III, in 1764. The horizontal rectangular mosque has got a large dome in the centre, two vaults in East-West direction and in the North there are two small domes decorated with vaults in the middle. The minaret was taken down in 1973. The prayer area does not exist today. There is a beautiful shadirvan in the courtyard under the aged plane tree. The mosque is being used by the Turks in Rhodes as a wedding office since 1977. There is the New Bath next to it, which was constructed by Sultan Mustafa.

 

 

 

Previous Page
Next Page