Moliva Mosque

It is located in the centre of Molyvos (Mytimna). It was first registered by the Greek Ministry of Culture on 6 November 1985 and again on 23 October 1987. The inscription over the entrance reads "Recep 1321" (October 1903 A.D) in Ottoman. This rectangular mosque has two storeys. On ground level there are rented shops. There is a sundial in the front garden. Due to geographic concerns, the minaret was constructed separately. The pedestal of the minaret still stands on a slope to the northwest. Today the mosque is used as the office of citizen services of the Municipality of Mytimna.

Previous Page
Next Page