Muradiye Mosque

It is located behind of Primary School in the Uzgur Turkish village. Uzgur Village is the second densely populated Turkish district after the Turkish district within the boundaries of the fortress on the island. According to the inscription above the gate of the mosque, which does not exist today, it was converted from a church by Sultan Murad in 1628. The minaret was constructed separately. The Mosque transferred to the Metropolitan of Rhodes in 1980, in accordance with the decision of the board of directors of the Turkish Waqf Administration which was directy appointed by the Greek authorities. Today it serves as the St. John Church.

 

 

 

Previous Page
Next Page