Turkish Bath

Located on Mavromihali and Emmanuil Papa Street, Nr. 26, it is known as the Kamenikeas Bath today. The original name could not be ascertained. It first appears in the records of the bylaw of Cultural Affairs on January 25, 1991, Number ARH/B1/ F37/44715/1045 and the Official Gazette on February 1, 1991, and Number 43/B. It is recorded again under the bylaw of Cultural Affairs on January 30, 2002, Number ARH/ B1/F37/5561/140 and the Official Gazette on February 5, 2002, and Number 124/B. A two storied dressing area was added at the entrance of the bath in the 19th century but it was demolished during the restoration that took place in the year 2000. The dressing rooms were domed. The water tank was covered with a cross vault. A two storied house next to the bath is still standing and can be dated to the 19th century.
Previous Page
Next Page