Clock Tower

The dates of the foundation and collapse could not be ascertained. The square tower once stood in front of the Government Office. It had three sections: the upper section was wooden and contained the bell. The Karaferye clock tower is placed in a collection of biographies that Seyyid İsmail Effendi sent to a Rumelian military judge on 29 Z, 1266 (November 29, 1266), (BOA, A.MKT.NZD, 16/71). During our examination renovations of the Clock Tower Square under the direction of the Veria district governorship were ongoing. It was understood that the area is still called ‘Clock Tower Square’.
Previous Page
Next Page
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Karaferye
  • The List Of The Ottoman Artifacts Located In Agustos