Katavia Village School

Katavia village is on the south west part of the island. The watermelons of Kataviya were competing with Diyarbak›r's during the Ottoman Period. This school was built by Sultan Abdülhamid the II for the Turks in the island was opened in 1885 like the schools in the villages Kandilli, Uzgur, Mikse, Çay›r, Katamina. Osman Efendi was teaching in the school between the years 1886-1887. The building has only one room and a square plan. Today the school on the entrance of the village is used as a cafe.

Previous Page
Next Page