Musalla Fountain

It is located in Papandreou Park near Dimokratias Street outside the Castle. It is placed in Old Meadow Square. In 1928, the Meadow area was expropriated and was made a park in Italian period. Also, The Ottoman Martyrdom was transferred obligatorily to Gani Ahmed Cemetery. Since the fountain was inside this cemetery during the Ottoman Period it's called Musalla. The fountain has a lengthwise rectangle body and has a basin. There is a canal decorated and made of marble attached to this basin. On the front, there is a big medallion decorated florally inside the arch. Under the medallion, the spout is placed between two cypresses. The fountain still functional today but there is no water flow.

Previous Page
Next Page