Mecidiye Mosque

It is located in Triandrias Square, at No: 10 Kanari Street. It was registered on 15 October 1927 according to a presidential directive. The mosque was constructed at the behest of Sultan Abdülmecid who took the Taif ferry in order to personally open the mosque in 1850. The mosque, which in currently under restoration, is used today as the Museum of Byzantine Relics. The Hamidiye Fountain lies across from the two fountains in the courtyard.

Previous Page
Next Page