Lesvos Senior High School

In 7 January 1889 played foundation with a ceremony, and is opened in 1900 which is the 25th anniversary of Sultan Abdülhamid's enthroning. The school had courses of history, geometry, Arabic, Persian, religious sciences and French, Geography, Ottoman. In the same year there was 1 senior high school, 1 secondary school and 39 primary schools for Muslims; 1 senior high school, 14 secondary school, 79 schools for boys and 18 schools for girls for Rumis in Midilli sanjak. The Senior High School was repaired in 23 August 1903, in 18 September 1907 a recess place was built in the court. Today the senior high school building is used as court house which lots of students were educated for long years.

Previous Page
Next Page