Crete District Mosque

It is located in the Crete District. The mosque was constructed in 1906. After the Cretan rebellion, some Moslems from Crete were transfered here by Sultan Abdülhamid II and a district with 103 houses was established by them. A mosque, a school, and two fountains were also constructed in the same district. The mosque was constructed with a ridge pole roof on a square floor plan and is called The Crete District Mosque. Today, Cretan Turks make up approximately %20 of the population of the district. The mosque, which has got a large cemetery behind it, is no longer open for services.

Previous Page
Next Page