Hasan Pasha Mansion House

It's located near Rhodes Municipality Art Center, in Simi Square inside the Castle. The Hasan Pasha who gave the mansion its name cannot be determined. The three floored building has a flat roof. The mansion house's entrance has stairs, but has a simple appearance. Gustav Flaubert indicates that in front of the mansion house there were wooden hooks for hanging the lights, during his visit to Rhodes in 8 October 1850 while Sultan Abdülmecid was visiting there. The mansion house was used as Electricity Company center building in Italian period. In 1988, a restoration was made in order to clean and to protect the building from rain. The first floor is fairly having changed. The mansion house is closed today.

Previous Page
Next Page